Tuesday 3 April 2012

D P S W I T H C O M M E N T A R Y


This is my double page spread article featuring one of my cover stars Miles Copeland and I think that overall this DPS is extremely unconventional, breaking and challenging typical music magazine conventions. For example, there are no slugs to explain what is actually in these two pages and there is no sort of introduction to the article or any background information as to who the actual artist is. This means that the type of people reading the magazine and this particular article must be in tune with new music and must be aware of music and a wide variety of both well known and up and coming artists and bands. My DPS is also quite unconventional in that it has multiple images instead of one large scale image which a lot of the music magazines I researched, such as NME and Kerrang, had on their contents pages. I think by having my text in such square/rectangle format boxes it has given the page quite a neat and linear, structured layout which I think is effective in making it look quite on trend and high end and relates well to the simplistic approach covers that I have created for the magazine. I really like my double page spread and I think that although it is unconventional when compared to other music magazines already in the magazine market, this makes it a lot more exciting to readers as they don't know what to expect each issue and the pages will be visually appealing making the magazine worth its high end price tag and making it a magazine that people will buy as an indulgence, similar to magazines such as Tank Magazine or I-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment