Thursday 20 October 2011

F I R S T D R A F T F R O N T C O V E R

This is my first draft of my school magazine cover! I have decided to call my magazine 'Verve' which means 'enthusiasm' which I think is an appropriate name for a school magazine. I really like the font I have used which is 'Edition' and I like the effect of having spaces after each letter to make the masthead that bit more bold and eye-catching. I decided to use the colour white for all of the text as it stood out against the background colour of the grey wall. The strip of across the middle of the page is grey because I think it goes with the whole colour scheme of the cover. I definitely recognise that I do need to make some improvements. I want to maybe experiment with some other colours and fonts because at the moment all the text is exactly the same font and colour which could look slightly boring to potential readers. I have placed the bar code in the bottom right hand corner so that the magazine works with the fact that naturally the human eye scans a page from the left hand top corner to the right hand bottom!
I'm really pleased with the cover so far and I think that my image is eye catching and unique which will attract potential readers/buyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment