Wednesday 20 February 2013

B I L L I N G B O X C R E A T I O N

Since a billing box is a compulsory aspect to a film poster I needed to create one for my own poster, using a similar structure and design to those on existing film posters, like the posters I analysed previously. I looked at the billing box from the poster for the film 'Peep World', which was a billing box we looked at in class, as I liked the structure of it and this really aided me in the making of my own:



I noticed that the name of the production company and distributor are located at the top of the billing box in larger, more spaced out lettering. I decided on 'Capture Pictures' as the name of the production company and 'Playhouse Entertainment' for the name of the distributor as I searched related words to the word 'film' and 'cinema' and the word 'Playhouse' came up in my thesaurus search. I liked how it sounds and how it looks as a logo. It also relates to cinema and motion picture.

I came up with a few variations of logos before deciding on my final two which are on the third billing box down, which is my final billing box design. I really liked the mix of bold and regular text so I thought that for the 'Capture Pictures' logo, the third one down would be the best and not too fussy that it diverts attention away from the poster design itself.


I created a few different billing boxes, with the third one down being my final design:




No comments:

Post a Comment