Saturday 27 October 2012

S O U N D T R A C K R E S E A R C H



Soundtrack Number 1 - I found this soundtrack on soundcloud.com and think it is effective in that it has a funfair/circus vibe and does have that creepiness that the original circus theme tune 'Entry of the gladiators' by Julias Fucik has:



I don't think we would be able to use the original version of this song due to Copyright, but we need to research more into this because it would be perfect for our trailer as it is recognisably circus themed and sounds really creepy, mixing the idea of innocence and horror, as it sounds innocent. It is juxtaposing and would be perfect for our horror film trailer.

I also like the idea of having some diegetic sound in the trailer and I think a contrast of this and a non-diegetic soundtrack would be really effective. I found this video on Youtube which has been made by someone experimenting with sound, and I like the effect of the diegetic sounds, and think we could possibly record some similar sounds for our trailer. We could have sounds of people setting up the circus, or lorries driving in, or audience applauding etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment